Friday, September 13, 2019

Je Suis Déçu

Sometimes a bucket list item, might have been better off staying just that.  
Sessions today were good, the keynote a courageous woman out to make a difference in the lives of women.  Lunch was a salad, chicken and risotto, not bad, not great, so pretty leave-able at half eaten.  But I needed to save some room and calories for Galatoires later!  I had some downtime to try to paint the view outside of my window, not a master piece!  But it will be a memory evocative of the real thing.  
Dinner tonight was a much anticipated meal at Galatoires 
The entire experience was a mix of corpulence and disinterest.  I ordered Fois Gras for a table taste, it was good, seared nicely and accompanied with a relish that complimented it well.  For the rest of the meal we ordered off the Restaurant Week menu.  I had a corn and shrimp bisque, I apparently did not read well TO my surprise, it was cold.  
Followed by chicken.
  (I had committed to a Sancerre), and followed by a piece of cake which reminded me of Sara Lee with a melting scoop of vanilla ice cream, it might have been rescued by the little mess of crunchies they added, but it was not.
  My companions had the Boeuf Burgingion and one of them sent it back, and a second one said it looked like pressed meat.  I could feel Julia rolling in her grave as i regarded their plates.   The service was  impartial and disinterested, the whole experience felt like the establishment was going through the motions, like a starlet past her prime.   Folks must like it, there were two groups of brides-to-be and buddies partying.
 After we walked a bit, but Bourbon Street is a mass of people.  Drinking,drumming, preforming, anything to get money and or attention.  This missy literally mooned the crowd

as the fellows were playing  their version or music.  



We stoped to listed to Steam Boat Willie again for a bit, it was hot muggy and a relief to be back in the AC at the hotel!

No comments:

Post a Comment