Funny I was happiest about row 11 but today we are on the front of the bus
It has pluses (the big window in front) and minuses (when the door is open it’s cold), but you can get off quickly and get pics without the crowd.
Breakfast was a bust bad croissant and coffee that I was not allowed to take to the room by the bossy Elsa.
On the way to our first stop we finally saw genuine highland coos.
Three of them doing their best to ignore us. Honestly with all the hype I truly thought I’d see more of Nn
First stop was the Italians Chapel made by Italian POW during WWII it was lovely and the human desire to worship evident.
It was also amazing how they had so little and made this beautiful place in the idle of their camp. It is all that is left of the camp.
From there we returned to Stromne to catch the ferry, we had 30 minutes to kill and that was amazingly bad for my pocket book, seriously i bought a great sweater for a great sale price, it was like it had just been waiting for ME!
We drove along the coast of the North Sea for about an hour, the scenery was beautiful. The next stop was Dunrobin Castle. The grandeur, though, has come about off the backs of others. Can you say Highland Clearances.
The building and interior were lovely and very fun to visit.
I was not alone in being a Francophile!
On the way to the hotel the guide wanted to stop at a TESCO and the bus driver DID NOT. I thought they were going to fight, the guide threw his hone across the dash.
The hotel was probably amazing in its day, Lots of old wood and stairs, we are on floor 3 ( USA 4) and had the opportunity to climb up. Grrrr
Our room is sparse, not even Kleenex. But clean and a place to rest.
Dinner on the other hand, Claire and I agreed that Stouffer’s Frozen Lasagna is better. The Profiteroles, were good, Jodi would have loved them!
Answer: The She Shed item above is a Female Urinal, I wonder if a gravy boat would work????






































No comments:
Post a Comment