Feeling adventurous this morning I tried potato scone and over night porridge. The breakfast here as the whole experience was great and I sure wish we had had another night here as the grounds are lovely and we literally did not have time to explore.
This is NOT a coffee country, it is bad, there is only milk to put in the bad coffee and there is just not enough sugar to make it better . The overnight porridge was ok at first taste but it did not really grow on me. To my surprise the potato scone did and I ate it all!
We are (@0830) on our way to a whiskey tasting!
I don’t know what it was a year ago, however the last gap pump we passed =9.16 a gallon.
We’ve been separated from Melissa and Jim who we have ridden in front of or behind this whole trip. What’s up with that crap?
First bonus stop was a German POW camp built by German and Austrian Jews fleeing the Nazi regime. It had an entirely different look and feel from those I’ve seen in Belgium and Germany. Claire had a look in the window of one of the huts and got a big surprise as there were people inside! It is used as B&B type situation.
This Lovely Church in Crieff
We subsequently visited Glenturret distillery for a lesson on distilling and a “wee dram” I did not like this as well as the one I had the other day. BUT the Murray mint helped!!!!!
The actual copper still, they only last about 50 years.
This kitty is is the Guinness Book of World records for catching the most mice.
I particularly liked the Unicorn Statue.
The blue thing on the wall is a cat for, the diagonal thing at the bottom is a ramp!
HE’s doing his job isn't he?
Maddie and Jennifer
The actual copper still, they only last about 50 years.
This kitty is is the Guinness Book of World records for catching the most mice.
We stopped on the way to Edinburgh at a monument called the Kelpies which generated a lot of excitement with some of the girls on the bus. It was cool, in honor of the horses who helped build the country and specifically the canal.
I particularly liked the Unicorn Statue.
The ride into Edinburgh was a bit hairy mostly because it recurrent disagreement with the guide and the driver. I have not noticed hardly any grafitti, but here is what I was in Edinburgh
But we are here and our room is surprisingly nice so far we are happy.
Dinner was at an event space, and it started will, A Piper
Followed by dinner and a show.
Dinner was an appetizer of Haggis Balls and sauce, I thought it was pretty good. Soup followed and I couldn’t figure out the predominant taste until I figured it was Peas. Chicken, scalloped potatoes and veggies accompanied, A nice roll and wine added sustenance. Dessert was a Scottish Cranachan. The premise is nice but it was too much double cream with no backbone. At least not for me. Then the show. I thought it was corny and am glad it was not my last night.

















No comments:
Post a Comment