The huge bus was gone from our view this morning but there was some sort work van thingy in its place. I did manage a pic without it.
There was a coffee maker in the room and I was overjoyed however I struggled with it. Hopefully in the morning it will be easier.
Scrambled eggs and sautéed mushrooms, a piece of ham, and a croissant with butter and apricot jam and of course coffee for breakfast. I decided to give the sausages another try, but no, just no.
We took the Skye bridge to Skye and it rained and blew! Mr Personality really does not know how to sell things, rather portends gloom and said we might not do this or that if the weather was bad. Regardless we went to Dunvegan Castle which is still inhabited by McLeods on the top floor.
Maids Quarters, it had a list of chores beginning at 0400!
Lock of Bonnie Prince Charlie’s hair gifted to Flora McDonald who is one of whom is regarded as to having saved him form the English.
One of my favorite things was the dungeon, only because i had seen the concept of a hole in the castle where people were just left. And this one was actually in the walls of the castle, they said it was so they could smell the food the maids were bringing to the table through the walls and that it punished them more.
As I went through the castle, I wondered what it might be like to share your home with the public like that? People are so careless if other peoples things.
There were lovely gardens there as well and I was surprised at the variety of
Things growing i.e. rosemary a huge old bush and I would not have thought it would survive.
I particularly enjoyed the water garden
We had a rather disagreeable experience in Portree, Skye.
We were dumped out and told to make getting lunch a priority and we were turned away from 4 establishments and the 5th was not even open finally to Chinese which while not execrable didn’t encourage me to fail my dieting attempts. It was supposed to be sweet and sour chicken and I knew it was chicken nuggets but honestly what is sweet and sour chicken? Regardless we didn’t really get to spend any time in Portree nor was it a culinaryj success. AND to tip it off “Stephen” just sang the Skye Boat Song.We stopped for a look see and a wee dram at this monument, it is in honor of Collie and McKenzie statue which over looks the Sligachan river which is reputed to bring eternal wisdom or eternal beauty ( depending on which tale you hear / or believe) to anyone who plants thier face in the river for 7 seconds. I did not to this as I believe in agreeing gracefully!













No comments:
Post a Comment