Monday, September 7, 2026

Rain, rain go away, and it did!

We woke after a night of no internet so I apologize for the blog format, but working on the phone has been miserable.  Breakfasr was nice though the croissant was , well we aren’t in France, are we?  Eggs sunny side up, ha, croissant, and cafe au lait.  There were tomatoes, stewed mushrooms and the ubiquitous beans, which I passed on.  It was a rather a rushed affair as the tour guide had nit shared the schedule with us (which raised the ire of Claire) and we did not know our departure time. We shared our displeasure with him, but his customer service skills seem to be a bit lacking. 
The first stop was Weymouth  Victorian train station while Stephen “sorted” for us.  It’s beautiful though the bathrooms were supposed to be special and they were not.






We then too’ the ferry Toto Bute.  It is a grey blustery day , but after waking up to a torrent it has been a dry day.
.


We went to a beach and had a quick look, there were supposed to be standing stones on the way to and from the beach according to “Stephen” but I never laid eyes on them, grrrr,  he’s not batting 100 today.



We then went to Mount Stewart House and it was lovely.  The name Stewart harkens back to the word steward which was the person closest, the server to the King. However, the house was not built by any Stewart I had heard of before.
What would it be like to have your own church?
















I LOVED this bedroom!  I could sleep there!





The bathroom definitely got my approval!




We moseyed around the gardens. One before lunch (which was a small part of Claires ham and cheese toastie, and a cup of honey roasted parsnip soup) and one after.









Claire was particularly (me too but not as MUCH as Claire) struck by these lovely purple hydrangea.


Ferry back to  mainland via a ferry from Rosshire


And low and behold here were the Victorian bathrooms

Dinner at a local pub beef pie with mashed and honey roasted carrots.








No comments:

Post a Comment