Sunday, January 26, 2020

Devour Indy - Izzos

Hedonism number three was Iozzos Garden of Italy with my friend Dawn.  It was s drizzly evening and we had agreed to meet at the restaurant, no valet here, but it is really not needed, there is plenty of parking on the street and to the side.  We have dined here before.  I sort of forget how much I like it but Dawn always want to come back, and we do and I am reminded.   Dawn has a thing for their lobster ravioli and was about to be surprised.   She has asked for a back corner table and I was grateful as the only negative thing I can say about this charming family owned business is that in the winter when the door is open, it can get quite Breezy,.  They have put up a glass entry area, but it only really works if folks winter one at a time. The walls are exposed brick, the light fixtures beautiful variations of colored melted glass and the music classic crooner 50’s.   The table she had requested was cozy.  Dawn ordered a Scallop, red pepper, artichoke heart and goat cheese appetizer, and it was delicious.  The scallops are sautéed and seasoned so that they are fabulous as a mouthful of themselves or with all the rest spread and heaped on the accompanying toast.  They had $25.00 bottles of wine  which seemed the best option since we both wanted some and it was a nice Italian red, the waiter said we cant get anywhere else.  Part of me hope he lied, the other part of course dosent like to be “BSed”, but he was was a pleasant chap and  I would be happy to have him serve me again.  We both had the Caesar which is  good.  Our guy brought bread which is accompanied with what I THINK he called a tomato soppy,.   No matter what he called it, the dense warm bread dredged through this tomatoes and oil concoction is amazing, comforting, tasty and sinful.  I have little or no willpower over it.  Dawn’s ravioli  though has changed, they have a new ravioli  and a new sauce, gone is the creamy tomato sauce and now it wears a creamy lemon sauce.   Dawn liked it, while she did not really rhapsodize over it, she did eat it all and sop up the extra sauce with the aforementioned bread.  I had their steak with mashed potatoes and the vegetable of the day was roasted cauliflower.  My steak was  topped with a gorgonzola sauce ( thick but not stringy) and mushrooms in a Demi glaze sauce.  The mashed are masked, but with the Demi glaze, very nice and the cauliflower with a dusting of Parmesan was also good. 
 Coffee was delivered in a cute cone shaped glass cup, and was good.  Dessert was Spumoni,  tiramisu, or cannoli:  It was the cannoli for me and spumoni for Dawn, but they accidentally brought all three.   That said, neither of us indulged in the tiramisu as we were pleasantly stuffed.  A am ashamed to say this is the only pic I took, I was so busy delighting in each course that I totally forgot!

No comments:

Post a Comment