Monday, October 16, 2023

Blessed by Dolphin’s playing

 Well, getting the blog written has had a few hurdles.  I talked to Mom on the way to Jodi’s, picked up Jodi and we were off.  We drove and drove until I was ready to stop and all of a sudden we became like Mary and Joseph and encountered ………… We finally found a place to rest our weary heads about 0200 and while if felt crazy to spend the  sort of money they wanted, it also felt safer than trying to drive all night and get here WAY before we were due.  We stayed at a Hampton Inn and it was nice enough.  The breakfast was lame, unless you like waffles, but Jodi decided she wanted a Mickey D’s coffee so I opted for a Bacon Egg and Cheese biscuit and Jodi had a Egg McMuffin without meat.   The drive here was uneventful, and they had left the key under the mat for us so we were good to go.  




We got all settled and decided to go to the pier.  Parking here is almost all pay, “to aid in the upkeep of Tybee”,  $4.00 an hour. So we paid and went to the pier and played a game of backgammon, in which I whipped Jodi! 



We somehow always seem ( maybe it is me) to see weddings. I  did have to wonder at a train on the beach,  but to each their own.

We then went to dinner and paid again to park, and dined at Pier 16.  Jodi had a salad (I toyed with a Salad too and should have) and veggies.  I ordered scallops, fries, hush puppies and slaw.  The slaw and the fries dipped in the tarter sauce was good.  The “lightly breaded” scallops were hard on the outside and not done on the inside.  Let’s just say, not a do over.  

Yesterday we moseyed up and went to the beach and put up the beach tent for the first time. And it is cute as a button. I buckled under and put the Parking Tybee app on my phone and we paid $20.00 to spend a delightful afternoon on the beach.  We decided to order pizza as everywhere on my dining list was closed because it was Sunday.  So we ordered pizza from a little walk up joint and it was pretty yummy!  On the way back I got a phone call from Courtney that she was on her way to get Mom who was having CP and had been having it for 2–3 days. Certainly when I talked to her on Friday, and she’s didn’t say anything.    So I spent most of my night fretting about her.   To leave or to stay and wait it out? What is best?? What to do, what to do?  Jodi offered to go home right away,  but I didn’t want to be melodramatic.

This morning I got up still not knowing for sure how Mom was, what we should do. Pretty much depending on Courtney to guide me there. We poked around, and finally went to the beach. Jodi pointed out that no news is probably good news as if there was something serious they would be calling.



Today we borrowed the owners wagon and didn’t have to pay to park!  We went to the beach and the dolphins were playing so close to the shore, it was amazing to watch them!  









We walked a bit, I painted some, mostly just relaxed it was a good day.  

We came back and did Jodis favorite part of the day, dinner!  We went to the Sunday cafe, it was good, at least the pork and blue cheese bread pudding part, the succotash was dry and not a do over.  


Jodi said her salad was good.  After we had some ice cream at a place called the sugar shack, I had mocha almond and Jodi had butter pecan.  We DID NOT sit in the chairs. 

We are home and considering bed.  

 A little video, if you look real hard you can see the dolphins playing!

No comments:

Post a Comment